Monday 10 October 2011

Does anyone have recipes for home made fluffy bread?

With an imminent move to the country (hopefully), I've been thinking more about resurrecting my bread maker as part of a move towards a greater level of our own food production.

I have a bread maker and have had numerous unsuccessful forays into the art of producing a good loaf, but have been disappointed by the dense and shrunken house bricks that have emerged from the maker.  Whilst I have considered they might be useful as an alternative building product, I'm still yearning for a fluffy, high, and traditional loaf of bread that harks back to the days of old.

So if anyone has favourite recipes that can be mixed in the bread maker and as a friend of mine suggests finished in a tin, I'd love to hear from you.  I'll have a go at all types, wholemeal, grain, sourdough, pumpkin, rye, olive etc.

Thanks in advance for any contributions...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Silverhill...Will try both those things and see what success I have.

    ReplyDelete